Many of you might have already started looking at the awesome documentation on Business Objects GRC 10 in the SDN BPX. I would like to thank the BPX team for presenting such a nice documentation. For those who are completely new, I recommend going through the same using the BPX link.
Here are some of the facts –
- GRC 10 is based on Business Objects.
- Most of the Activation & Customization is performed from SAP Reference IMG (SPRO).
SAP also termed the new tools differently from SAP GRC 5.3:
- Risk Analysis & Remediation is termed as “Access Risk Analysis“
- Superuser Privilege Management or Firefighter is termed as “Emergency Access“
- Enterprise Role Management is termed as “Business Role Management“
- Compliant User Provisioning is termed as “Access Request Management“
The below table shows how the techincal names of the tools from Virsa systems to SAP BO GRC AC 10:
Also, access to the tools can be granted with new set of ABAP roles that were introduced in this version (no more virsa roles):
- SAP_GRC_FN_BASE – To access GRC applications
- SAP_GRC_FN_ALL – Power user role to perform the customization of the product
- SAP_GRC_FN_BUSINESS_USER – Role for business users
- SAP_GRC_NWB – Role to use in NWBC as front end UI instead of Portal
SAP GRC 5.3 and GRC 10 can be active in the same box. Read the article. Stay tuned for more articles and updates on GRC Access Control 10 tools.